Grilled courgette salad with caramelized pine nuts
A quick Summer side salad which is a definite crowd pleaser!
- 2-3 courgettes
- 40 gr. of pine nuts
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- Handful of oregano leaves
- Flaky sea salt
- Black cracked pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Courgette flowers (optional)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Slice the courgette lengthwise in slices and drizzle over some olive oil, salt and pepper. Meanwhile heat a griddle pan or the bbq and grill the courgettes for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Dry roast the pine nuts in a frying pan, keeping a close eye on them and when they begin to spread their nutty fragrance and have some colour add 2 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of sea salt and cook for another minute.
- Layer the courgettes on a platter, top with the pine nuts, fresh oregano, optionally add the flowers, an extra drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some sea salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME