Gado gado bowl
This bowl combines different textures and flavours, like sweet, spicy, creamy, fresh, sour, crunchy, soft, crisp, hot and cold etc. I love it! This gado gado bowl has it all. You can vary with the vegetables or use chicken instead of tempeh to vary a bit!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 200 gr. green beans
- Bunch of radish finely sliced
- 1 cucumber in ribbons
- 150 gr. of grated carrots
- 150 gr. of bean sprouts
- Sesame seeds
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 100 gr. of peanut butter
- Splash of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. of sambal manis
- Splash of soy sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Couple of tbsp. of water
- 200 gr. of tempeh
- Splash of soy sauce
- Clove of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp. of ginger
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Start by making the peanut sauce. Fry the finely chopped shallot and garlic in a tablespoon of oil (like sunflower oil) until soft. Then add peanut butter, lime juice, a bit of coconut milk, sambal manis and soy sauce and stir over a low heat until combined. Loosen the peanut sauce with water until you have the right consistency and taste if the seasoning is still on point. Add more sambal, soy sauce or lime juice if necessary. It’s important to keep stirring and when it is ready, turn of the heat.
- Here comes the fun part, choose whatever veggies you like or what’s in season or use the ones listed above.
- I mixed some bite size cubes of sweet potato with a heaped tbsp. of sambal manis and baked in a hot oven on 220C for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the tempeh in bitesize cubes and mix with soy sauce, garlic and maple syrup and fry in a frying pan with a splash of sunflower oil until caramelised and crispy. You can also leave it to marinate for 30-60 minutes, this will enhance the flavour!
- Steam or shortly cook the green beans and prepare the rest of the vegetables.
- Present all your veggies in a bowl, add a few spoons of the peanut sauce in the middle and scatter over some sesame seeds, peanuts and coriander.
DEZE GERECHTEN VIND JE MISSCHIEN OOK LEKKER
Samen kunnen we bijzondere voedselervaringen creëren. Ik heb ervaring op meerdere gebieden en vertel je er graag meer over. Klik op onderstaande button voor meer informatie.samenwerken