Thai green vegetable curry
A delicious and healthy curry that is great to eat both during Summer and Winter. You need a a food processor to make the curry paste. You can vary endlessly with different vegetables according to the season in this recipe. Make a large batch so you can freeze some for later.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 40 gr. ginger
- 2 green bird’s eye chillies
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 tbsp. (vegan) fish sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 15 gr. coriander
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 200 ml. water
- 1/2 stock cube
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1200 gr. vegetables (like cauliflower, tenderstem broccoli, mushrooms, aubergine, pumpkin etc.)
- Bunch of Thai basil
- 300 gr. rice
- 2 limes
- Large handful of cashew nuts
- Heat the oven at 200 degrees.
- Cut the vegetables into cubes and spread out on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Add a dash of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well together. Bake 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the curry paste by mixing the garlic, shallots, ginger, bird’s eye chili, cumin powder, chopped lemongrass, fish sauce, coriander stalks and brown sugar together in a food processor to a paste.
- Heat a dash of oil in a casserole and fry the curry paste for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the coconut milk, water, stock cube and lime leaves and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet.
- Add the fried vegetables to the curry sauce and stir well.
- Serve the curry with the rice, coriander, Thai basil, a wedge of lime and some chopped cashew nuts.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME