Elderflower is in full bloom in April/May and gives you the best lemonade for the whole summer if you make a large batch! The only thing you’ll need is a park, some lemons, sugar and water!
- 20 elderflower heads (take of most of the green stalks)
- 2 lemons
- 1200 ml. water
- 900 gr. of sugar
- Leave the elderflower heads to infuse in the water for 24 hours. Note: Don’t wash them because you don’t want to get rid of the pollen.
- Next, pour the infused water through a sieve with a cheese cloth and add the sugar, the rind of the lemon, and slices of the lemon (slice of the white part, you don’t want a bitter taste).
- Bring the syrup to a soft simmer until the sugar is dissolved and then turn the heat of, leave to cool.
- Pass the syrup through a sieve again and pour into sterilized jars. Note: Keeps for months and makes the perfect summer drinks! Add to you champagne, gin and tonic or drink with sparkling water and an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME