The best crunchy and chunky Granola with a secret ingredient… I love chunky granola but they are always packed with sugar. The secret ingredient of this recipe is banana! Stores for about a month in an airtight box in a cool and dark cupboard.
Servings: 1 batch
Diet: Vegan, Gluten free
Time: 40 minutes
• 90 gr. coconut oil, melted
• 3 very ripe bananas;
• 50 gr. of honey or maple syrup
• 350 gr. oatmeal
• 100 gr. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
• 100 gr. roughly chopped nuts (like hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts etc.)
• 75 gr. broken linseed
• 50 gr. coconut flakes
• 2 tsp of cinnamon
• ½ a tsp of salt
• 70 gr. of raisins
Note: You can change the above ingredients as long as it will be the same amount in grams. The salt and oats are a must in this recipe though.
1. First, preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together with a hand blender, or mash and mix with a fork.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients (except the raisins) together in a large bowl and mix in the wet ingredients.
4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and spread the granola mix out thinly like making a large rectangular cookie.
5. Bake the granola ‘cookie’ for 10 minutes in the oven. Take the baking tray out of the oven and break the granola in chunks before returning the tray immediately back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Toss the granola around on the baking tray every 5 minutes until almost crispy (about 2-4 times) and add the raisins for the last 5 minutes.
6. Leave the granola to cool completely and store into an airtight box. Serve with yoghurt and seasonal fruit or on top of smoothies.
Ingredients Smoothie recipe for 1
• 150 ml water or (plantbased) milk
• 1 banana (preferably frozen)
• 70 gr. blueberries (frozen)
• 1 tbsp peanut butter
• Pinch of salt