Spring season means rhubarb season! Rhubarb has a bit of a sour and tart taste but cooked properly and combined with ginger, orange, sugar and a nutty buttery crumble it makes one of my favourite spring desserts!
- 800 gr. of rhubarb
- 125 gr. caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/2 the zest of an orange
- 300 gr. plain flour
- 100 gr. light brown sugar
- 100 gr. of walnuts
- 200 gr. of butter
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Chop the rhubarb in 3 cm pieces and combine in an oven dish with the zest of an orange, the grated ginger and sugar and mix together.
- For the crumble, add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Slice the cold butter into small cubes and add to the dry mixture. Rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingers together until you have a nice crumble.
- Tip the crumble over the rhubarb in the oven dish and divide it into an even layer.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until you have a golden crumble and you see the rhubarb bubbling around the edges of the oven dish!
- Serve warm with some whipped cream or ice cream.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME