Rhubarb cheesecake squares
This is one of my new favourite recipes! I’m not the best baker but after three times of baking this cheesecake I think I got the perfect quantities and baking time for this recipe. The sour and a little tart rhubarb is a great contrast to the creamy and sweet cheesecake with a little punch of ginger in the crust. If you can’t find rhubarb, swap it for raspberries! Hope you will love this recipe as much as I do! You do need a food processor (or bash the cookies with a rolling pin) and a 20×31 cm oven dish for this recipe.
- 200 gr. rhubarb
- 50 gr. sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 250 gr. gingernut biscuits (I used mc. vitie’s brand)
- 100 gr. butter
- Pinch of salt
- (If you can’t find gingernut biscuits use digestive cookies with 1 tsp. of ginger powder)
- 200 gr. cream cheese
- 250 gr. ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr. of sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chop the rhubarb in 2 cm. pieces and cook together with the sugar and lemon juice for about 25 minutes on a medium low heat until all liquid is dissolved.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 150C.
- Melt the butter and blend together with the biscuits and a pinch of salt in a food processor until you have a very fine crumb (or bash with a rolling pin in a plastic freezing bag).
- Layer the oven dish with baking paper, press the biscuits mixture onto the bottom and bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Mix the corn flour with a tablespoon of water into a paste and add together with the rest of the cream cheese layer ingredients to the food processor and blend until completely mixed (or mix with a hand mixer or whisk).
- Add the cream cheese layer to the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add dollops of the rhubarb onto the cream cheese layer. Swirl the rhubarb with a knife and bake for another 10 minutes. Turn of the oven and leave to stand the cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Once done, cool the cheesecake completely and serve! You can keep the cheesecake in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze the squares up to two months.
RECEPT VIDEO :
Samen kunnen we bijzondere voedselervaringen creëren. Ik heb ervaring op meerdere gebieden en vertel je er graag meer over. Klik op onderstaande button voor meer informatie.samenwerken