This is a great appetizer paired with a glass of beer. The sweet dates, salty bacon, creamy goats cheese and spicy honey are a matchmade in heaven!
Servings: makes 24
Diet: Gluten free
Time: 30 minutes
• 24 Medjool dates
• 100 gr. of soft goats cheese
• Handful of toasted walnuts
• 12 slices of bacon
• 4 tbsp. of honey
• Few sprigs of thyme
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Split the dates in half lengthwise, but don’t cut the date all the way through. Remove the pit and stuff each date with half a walnut and goat cheese. Wrap each date with half a slice of bacon and place on the baking tray with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, combine the honey, thyme, cayenne, and a pinch of salt and pepper and drizzle over the dates.
4. Transfer to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes, until crispy.