Mexican sweet potato and bean bowl
My Mexican bowl is quick and easy to make, full of vegetables and protein. So easy to make after a work out on a weeknight!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 1 tin of kidney beans (400 ml)
- 6 good quality tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp. of white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 avocados’
- 1 lime
- Bunch of coriander
- Coconut yoghurt
- Cut the sweet potato into bitesize cubes. Mix the sweet potatoes with some olive oil, cumin seeds, smoked paprika powder, cayenne powder, a large pinch of salt and pepper and bake in a preheated oven on 200C for about 25 minutes until crispy from the outside and soft on the inside.
- In the meantime, dry fry the kidney beans in a hot pan until they burst open, tossing regularly. When ready mix with chopped tomatoes, red pepper, a finely chopped red onion, vinegar, salt, pepper and some good extra virgin olive oil.
- Make the guacamole by mashing the avocados and add salt and the juice of a lime.
- Serve the sweet potatoes and the bean salad with coconut yoghurt and coriander, enjoy!
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME