Mexican prawn wraps with pineapple salsa and red cabbage slaw
This is a great recipe for a summer garden dinner party with a beer in the sun!
- 600 gr. peeled prawns
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Large pinch of chili flakes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Swig of olive oil
- 125 gr. yoghurt
- 1-2 heaped tbsp. of mayonnaise
- (Chipotle) hot sauce
- 2 avocado’s
- 8 Wholewheat wraps
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- Small bunch of mint
- Juice of a lime
- 1/2 a red cabbage
- Juice of half a lime
- Pinch of salt
- Start with marinating the prawns by mixing everything together and keep in the fridge until all the other parts are prepped!
- To make the cabbage slaw, slice the half red cabbage in quarters and finely shred both parts. Add a pinch of salt and the juice of the half lime and massage the cabbage for a couple of minutes until it becomes a bit softer. Wear disposable gloves if you don’t like your hands colouring purple.
- Slice the skin of the pineapple and remove the core by slicing of the flesh in strips. Dry fry the pineapple slices until all sides are caramalized and then chop into small pieces. Finely chop the red onion, red chilli pepper and mint and mix all together with the juice of the lime and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients for the chipotle sauce together. Slice the avocado and pick the coriander leaves.
- Fry the prawns on a medium high heat in a frying pan and shortly grill or heat the wraps.
- Put everything on the dinner table, assemble the wraps and eat immediately while the prawns are still warm!
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME