I made banana bread more than 100 times to perfect the recipe. Such a great snack and perfect for freezing so you can take out a slice every day to enjoy. A tip to make it taste heavenly: toast the banana bread and drizzle over some peanut butter and a pinch of flaky sea salt!
Diet: Vegetarian, gluten free when using buckwheat flour instead of whole wheat
Time: 50-60 minutes
• 5 bananas
• 1 egg
• 65 gr. maple syrup
• 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
• 100 gr. almond flour
• 175 gr. whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. salt
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 50-80 gr. of chopped nuts (pecan/ walnut/ hazelnut)
1. Preheat the oven at 180C.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Mash up the banana and mix in with the dry ingredients.
4. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and stir well until combined.
5. Layer a loaf tin with baking parchment and add in the mixture and scatter over some more nuts if you like.
6. Put the bread in the preheated oven about 35-45 minutes until ready (use a skewer to check, when it comes out clean the bread is ready), depending on your oven it might need some more time, and leave to cool in the tin.
Tip: slice it and freeze it so you have a quick snack during the week.