Easy chicken and quinoa salad
Perfect for weeknight dinners or weekend picnics in the park. I would serve it with a mint- yoghurt sauce!
- 250 gr. quinoa
- Stock cube
- 300 gr. chicken fillet
- Bunch of radishes
- 200 gr. broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 fennel
- 40 gr. mint
- 15 gr. parsley
- 4 spring onions
- 1 lemon
- Cook the quinoa with a large pinch of salt according to the package, drain and let it come to room temperature.
- Poach the chicken fillet in stock for about 10-12 minutes, then remove from the stock and shred the chicken fillet with two forks.
- Use the stock to blanch the broad beans for 2 minutes and shell them (remove the skin which will leave you with the bright green bean, lightly squeeze the bean between your index finger and thumb and then the skin will come of).
- Add the above ingredients together in a bowl. Chop the fennel in quarters, remove the heart and then thinly slice each quarter.
- Slice the radish in quarters, thinly slice the spring onions and finely chop the parsley and mint. Add everything together with the pomegranate seeds, juice of the lemon, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately (or let it cool, stays fresh in the fridge for two more days) Note: a yoghurt and mint sauce would be great on the side!
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME