Almond And Orange Mini Bundts
The perfect cakes to have with your coffee!
- 125 gr. of unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing the tin)
- 225 gr. of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 gr. ground almonds (almond flour)
- 100 gr. self-raising flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 orange
- 400 gr. of icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease the mini bundt tins (or any other shape or tin of your preference) with some melted butter.
- Beat the softened butter with the caster sugar until it’s light and creamy with a hand mixer, then crack in the eggs, one at a time, beating each one in well before adding the next. Finely grate in the orange zest, fold in the ground almonds and sift in the flour mix until combined.
- Spoon the cake batter into your greased bundt tins and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until risen and lightly golden. To check if the cake is ready, poke a skewer or cocktail stick into the centre of the sponge. If it comes out clean, it’s done; if not, cook it for a few more minutes.
- To make the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, squeeze the juice of half an orange over the icing sugar and mix, adding more juice if the mixture is to thick or more icing sugar if it is too thin.
- When the cake has completely cooled, transfer it to a serving plate and spoon the icing all over the top, letting it drizzle down the sides.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME