This dish is a great vegetarian starter and quick and easy to make.
Season: Spring/ Summer
Diet: Vegetarian, Gluten free
Time: 20 minutes
• 125 gr. rocket (plus extra to serve on the side)
• Bunch of basil
• 70 gr. parmesan cheese (grated)
• 50 gr. roasted almonds (dry roast in a pan for 2 minutes)
• 1 lemon
• 1 clove of (roasted) garlic
• Good quality extra virgin olive oil
• 4 portobello mushrooms
• 1 burrata
• 250 gr. good quality small tomatoes
1. Set the oven grill on the highest setting.
2. Add the Portobello mushrooms and tomatoes to a baking tray and drizzle over some olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill for about 10-12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make the pesto by blending together the rocket, basil, parmesan, almonds, zest of a lemon and a tiny squeeze of the juice, garlic, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor or with a hand blender. Taste if it needs more seasoning.
4. Serve the Portobello mushrooms with a spoonful of pesto, the burrata and roasted tomatoes on top and some extra rocket on the side.