Pesto portobello mushrooms with roasted tomatoes and burrata
This dish is a great vegetarian starter and quick and easy to make.
- 125 gr. rocket (plus extra to serve on the side)
- Bunch of basil
- 70 gr. parmesan cheese (grated)
- 50 gr. roasted almonds (dry roast in a pan for 2 minutes)
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of (roasted) garlic
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 burrata
- 250 gr. good quality small tomatoes
- Set the oven grill on the highest setting.
- Add the Portobello mushrooms and tomatoes to a baking tray and drizzle over some olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Grill for about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the pesto by blending together the rocket, basil, parmesan, almonds, zest of a lemon and a tiny squeeze of the juice, garlic, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor or with a hand blender. Taste if it needs more seasoning.
- Serve the Portobello mushrooms with a spoonful of pesto, the burrata and roasted tomatoes on top and some extra rocket on the side.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME