Red fish curry with bimi
You only need 1 pan for this healthy comfort food recipe and it is made within 30 minutes!
- 4 sustainable cod fillets (150 gr. each)
- 50 gr. red curry paste (I used the one from onoff spices, bought at Crisp)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 thumbsize piece of ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 400 gr. bimi
- Thai basil/coriander
- Red chili pepper
- Optional: cooked rice
- Fry the cod fillets in a frying pan in a dash of oil for a few minutes on both sides over medium-high heat, scoop out of the pan and set aside for later.
- Chop the red onion very finely and grate the garlic and ginger. Sauté the red onion in the same pan you fried the fish in until it is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes. Finally, add the curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar and stir until it forms a combined sauce and simmer gently.
- Put the cod back in the pan and add the bimi and let everything simmer gently for another 5 minutes or so.
- Cut the red chili pepper into thin slices, the lime into wedges and pick the thai basil/coriander off the stalks. Garnish the fish curry with these and serve immediately with cooked rice if desired!
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME