Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake. You can add some streaky bacon slices if you aren’t a vegetarian which tastes great in this recipe! This recipe is great as a snack to share but delicious for dinner as well!
- 400 gr. white cabbage
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50 ml. of water
- 4 eggs
- 250 gr. of flour
- Large pinch of salt
- 50 ml. of soy sauce
- 50 ml. of tomato ketchup
- 50 ml. of Worcestershire sauce
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Spring onion
- Finely shred the cabbage and mix with the rest of the ingredients into a batter.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and drizzle with oil. Spoon in a quarter of the batter and spread out into an even layer on a medium to low heat for a couple of minutes. Flip the pancake and fry the other side for around 3 minutes as well. Watch closely because the pancake can easily burn. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the okonomiyaki sauce.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the okonomiyaki sauce, kewpie mayonnaise, sliced spring onions and furikake.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME