My Mexican bowl is quick and easy to make, full of vegetables and protein. So easy to make after a work out on a weeknight!
Diet: Vegan, gluten free
Time: 30 minutes
• 3 large sweet potatoes
• 1 tbsp. of cumin seeds
• 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika powder
• 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper
• 1 tin of kidney beans (400 ml)
• 6 good quality tomatoes
• 2 red peppers
• 1 red onion
• 3 tbsp. of white wine or apple cider vinegar
• 2-3 avocados’
• 1 lime
• Bunch of coriander
• Coconut yoghurt
1. Cut the sweet potato into bitesize cubes. Mix the sweet potatoes with some olive oil, cumin seeds, smoked paprika powder, cayenne powder, a large pinch of salt and pepper and bake in a preheated oven on 200C for about 25 minutes until crispy from the outside and soft on the inside.
2. In the meantime, dry fry the kidney beans in a hot pan until they burst open, tossing regularly. When ready mix with chopped tomatoes, red pepper, a finely chopped red onion, vinegar, salt, pepper and some good extra virgin olive oil.
3. Make the guacamole by mashing the avocados and add salt and the juice of a lime.
4. Serve the sweet potatoes and the bean salad with coconut yoghurt and coriander, enjoy!