I love these pancakes! They are really thin because of the rice flour and paired with the spicy kimchi and the sweet and salty dipping sauce this dish has lots of umami flavour.
Servings: makes 6 pancakes
Time: 50 minutes
• 125 gr. rice flour
• 125 gr. white flour
• 1 egg
• 480 ml. of ice cold water
• 2 finely sliced spring onions
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 75 ml. soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp. maple syrup
• 1/2 clove of garlic finely chopped
• Half a chili pepper finely sliced
• Roasted sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp. sesame oil
• Tenderstem broccoli (steamed or grilled)
• Carrot (thinly sliced)
• Spring onion (thinly sliced)
1. To make the dipping sauce simply mix all ingredients together.
2. Prepare all the toppings.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the pancakes together and heat some neutral oil in a pan. Pour a little ladle of batter in the pan and quickly turn to divide the batter and make a very thin pancake. Flip half way and keep warm when finished until you made all 6.
4. Serve the pancakes with all the toppings and dipping sauce!