Sweet, bitter, creamy and fresh is how I would describe this salad! Buy some good quality products, which is key I think, and you can’t go wrong!
Servings: 4 as a side
Diet: Vegetarian, gluten free
Time: 25 minutes
• 2 red radicchios
• 400 gr. mixed mushrooms
• 1 tbsp. of thyme leaves
• 2 large onions
• Handful of hazelnuts
• 2 handfuls of green grapes halved
• 100 gr. of gorgonzola
• Handful of basil leaves
• Balsamic vinegar
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Wash the radicchios and divide the leaves over a big platter.
3. Meanwhile slice the onions in halve rings and fry them with some olive oil for 15-20 minutes on a medium low heat until soft and caramelised.
4. Next, tear the mushrooms into bite size pieces and heat some olive oil in another frying pan. Fry the mushroom with some salt and pepper and the thyme leaves on a medium high heat for a couple of minutes. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the mushrooms in your pan to avoid soggy mushrooms, so fry them 1 layer at the time.
5. Roast the hazelnuts in the preheated oven for a couple of minutes until it has a nice colour.
6. Divide the cooked mushrooms, onions, chopped hazelnuts, chunks of gorgonzola and basil over the radicchio and drizzle over some balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.