A great make ahead salad for a picnic or to take to work although it makes a great dinner as well! This salad is perfect to make a big batch of when you have a large group of people for dinner.
Diet: Vegetarian (vegan if you leave out the cheese)
Time: 35 minutes
• 300 gr. Pearl couscous
• 100 gr. baby asparagus
• 200 gr. sugar snaps
• 100 gr. of rocket
• A big handful of radishes
• 250 gr. cherry tomatoes
• A big handful of mint
• Block of feta cheese
• Handful of chopped roasted pistachio nuts
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1-2 lemons
• Good quality extra virgin olive oil
• Vegetarian stock cube
• Balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Cook the pearl couscous in the stock according to the package, drain when ready and rinse with cold water.
3. Meanwhile bake the cherry tomatoes with a good drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 garlic cloves in the oven on 180C for 20-30 minutes.
4. Steam the sugar snaps and the asparagus for a couple of minutes (in a colander over a pan with cooking water and a lid on top) and add to the pearl couscous.
5. When cooled add the rocket, chopped mint, quartered radishes, the juice of 1-2 lemons, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
6. Top the couscous salad with some crumbled feta, the chopped pistachios and the oven baked tomatoes (optional to add some pickled chili peppers for some heat!) Serve at room temperature.