Using good quality fresh ingredients will give this soup the sweet spring flavour. A dollop of lemon ricotta for some creaminess and a good slice of sourdough and dinner can be served!
Season: Spring/ Summer
Diet: Vegetarian, gluten free
Time: 30 minutes
• 2 courgettes, sliced
• 450 gr of frozen green peas
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 500 ml. of vegetable stock
• Handful of mint leaves
• 1 lemon
• 150 gr. of ricotta
1. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large pot and sauté the onion until soft.
2. Now add the garlic and after a minute or two the courgettes, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock to the pot and bring to a boil. When the courgettes are cooked, add 300 gr of the peas and mint and cook for two more minutes and then turn of the heat.
4. Blend the soup in a blender and thin it with water if necessary and check seasoning.
5. When your soup is smooth, return to the pot and bring back to a simmer and add the other 150 gr of peas to the soup and leave them whole.
6. Meanwhile mix the ricotta with the zest of the lemon.
7. Serve the soup hot with a spoonful of ricotta on top.