I love this quiche recipe because using filo pastry instead of puff or short crust pastry and cottage cheese instead of double cream makes this dish a lovely light lunch or dinner. Serve with a little gem salad with mustard vinaigrette on the side.
Diet: Vegetarian (if you swap the bacon for sundried tomatoes)
Time: 60 minutes
• 8 eggs
• 200 gr. cottage cheese
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• 200 gr. bacon or handful of sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 15 gr. dill, finely chopped
• 75 gr. grated parmesan cheese
• 200 gr. tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• 150 gr. filo pastry sheets
• Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Fry the bacon until crispy and chop it roughly.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl and mix in all the ingredients apart from the olive oil and filo pastry.
4. Lay two sheets of pastry in an oiled loose-bottomed tart tin (24 cm), overlapping them in the middle. Brush every sheet with some olive oil, then repeat the layers until you’ve used up all the pastry.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the filo pastry lined tart tin, scrunch the filo in at the sides and bake for 50 minutes.
6. Let it cool slightly before you open the tart tin and serve warm, at room temperature or cold with a green salad on the side!