I love this recipe for both lunch or dinner! Easy to prepare and you need just a few ingredients to whip this dish together. You can vary with the vegetables by using green asparagus, spinach or courgette for example.
Season: Spring/ Summer
Diet: Vegetarian, Gluten free
Time: 25 minutes
• 5 free range eggs
• 2 leeks
• Large handful of chopped dill
• 150 gr. frozen garden peas
• 75 gr. feta
• Pinch of chilli flakes
• 100 gr. rocket
• 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Start by chopping the leeks into half rings and wash thoroughly.
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the leeks on a medium heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
4. Meanwhile whisk the eggs and add a pinch of chilli flakes, salt, pepper, the feta, dill, frozen garden peas and the leeks.
5. Add some olive oil to the pan and add the egg mixture and fry for 3 minutes and finish baking the frittata in the oven for the last 10 minutes.
6. Make the salad by mixing the rocket, lemon zest and a squeeze of the juice, extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of flaky sea salt and pepper together.
7. Serve the frittata straight from the oven with the salad and some sourdough!