This post is also available in: Nederlands (Dutch)
This salmon and vegetable tray bake with salsa verde is the ultimate easy summer dinner recipe! Perfect if you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen because your oven will do all the work. Chuck everything onto a baking tray and the salsa verde on the side lifts this dish to the next level. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or when you are having friends over!
Season: Spring/ Summer
Diet: Gluten free
Time: 60 minutes
• 4 (100-150 gr.) salmon fillets
• 1 Romanesco, small cauliflower or broccoli in florets
• 1 lemon, sliced in quarters
• 250 gr. of good quality cherry tomatoes
• 2 Bunches of asparagus tips
• 2 handfuls of new potatoes, sliced in half
• 8 anchovy fillets
• 4 cloves of garlic in their skin
• Salt, pepper, olive oil
• 2 bunches of mint
• 2 bunches of parsley
• 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard
• 2 heaped tsp. of capers
• 2 cloves of (roasted) garlic
• 6 anchovy fillets
• Drizzle of red wine vinegar
• Drizzle of extra virgine olive oil
• Drizzle of water
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the new potatoes drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes.
3. Remove the baking tray from the oven and add the rest of the ingredients, so the romanesco, lemon wedges, tomatoes, asparagus, anchovy fillets and garlic and drizzle over some extra olive oil and cracked black pepper. Bake for another 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of the salmon)
4. Meanwhile make the salsa verde. Blitz together all the ingredients in a food processor or with a hand blender into a sauce. Taste and check seasoning and add some more vinegar, olive oil or water if necessary.
5. Serve the salmon and vegetables straight from the oven with the salsa verde on the side!