Labneh with tomato, red onion, herbs and spices
Labneh is strained salty yoghurt and has almost a soft cheese kind of texture. I love making this recipe and serve it to my guests when they arrive as an aperitif!
- 500 gr. of full fat Turkish/Greek yoghurt (or 300 gr. store bought labneh)
- 2 tsp. of za’atar
- 1 jalapeño
- Half of a red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 2 tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Pita bread
- For the labneh, just mix Greek or Turkish yoghurt with a big pinch of salt and let it hang in a cheese cloth or tea towel for a couple of hours or overnight over a bowl in the fridge until it has a thick soft cheese kind of texture.
- When ready spread the labneh out on a plate.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and jalapeno and thinly slice the red onion and divide over the labneh. Sprinkle over the za’atar, oregano and flaky sea salt and drizzle over some good quality extra virgin olive oil and serve with some pita bread.
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME