Beetroot And Cauliflower Salad With A Mustard, Caper And Dill Dressing
A really easy salad with Scandinavian flavours! You just need some time to roast the beetroot in the oven but apart from that the salad is really simple and quick to put together.
- 650 gr. cauliflower
- 2 large beetroots (or 3 medium sized)
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 30 gr. toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. of chopped capers
- 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of whole grain mustard
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 7 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Wrap the beetroot with olive oil and sea salt in a tin foil and roast for an hour in the oven. Do the same with 2 garlic cloves, roast these for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the cauliflower in florets and cook for a couple of minutes until just cooked.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together and slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- When the cauliflower is still warm, add the dressing so it can soak up the flavour.
- Take the beetroot out of the oven, check with a knife if they are tender and peel and cut in bitesize pieces. Add them to the cauliflower with the spinach and toasted pine nuts. Mix all together, sprinkle with some extra dill and serve!
WORK WITH ME
Together, we can create outstanding food experiences. I’m experienced in multiple fields and would love to tell you more about it. Click on the button below to read more about my work and to get in touch!WORK WITH ME