The good old caprese salad with a new twist! The dressing and the pickled green peppers will lift the dish to a new level. Great as a side with a couple of other salads for a bbq dinner!
Servings: 4 as a side
Diet: Vegetarian, gluten free
Time: 25-30 minutes
• 4 medium size tomatoes
• 2 cloves of garlic
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Splash of balsamic vinegar
• 500 gr. of mixed tomatoes (different sizes and colours)
• 1 mozzarella di Buffalo
• Handful of basil
• 2-3 tsp of pickled green pepper (from a jar)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the cloves of garlic in their skin and the 4 medium size tomatoes in an oven dish with some salt, pepper and olive oil and roast for 15-20 minutes.
3. Blitz the roasted tomatoes and garlic (discard the garlic skin) together with a splash of balsamic vinegar and a swig of extra virgin olive oil with a hand blender. Taste to check seasoning.
4. Wash the mixed tomatoes and chop into different shapes and sizes.
5. Arrange the mixed tomatoes on a platter and tear pieces of the mozzarella over the tomatoes. Dress the salad with the roasted tomato dressing and finish with some basil leaves and the pickled green pepper.