Spicy, sweet, salty, fresh and comforting all in one! Spice and herb crusted hasselback sweet potatoes with Mexican salsa, avocado, cherry tomatoes, black beans, sour cream, coriander and lime
Diet: Vegetarian, gluten free (vegan optional)
Time: 70 minutes
• 6 medium size sweet potatoes or 4 large ones
• 1 tsp. of cumin powder
• 1 tsp. of dried oregano
• 1 tsp. of dried thyme
• 1 tsp. of paprika powder
• 1 tsp. of salt
• Cracked pepper
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 6 large good quality tomatoes
• 1 jalapeno
• 1 red onion
• 1 lime
• A big handful of coriander
• Large pinch of salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 avocado
• (Vegan) sour cream
• 250 gr. of cherry tomatoes
• 1 tin of black beans
1. Preheat the oven at 200C.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes and cut them in thin slices 3/4 of the way through. (so the potato remains intact) Mix all the spices together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and rub the sweet potatoes in with the mixture. Bake them in the oven on parchment paper for about an hour.
3. Next, make the salsa. Pulse everything together in a food processor or finely chop all the ingredients and mix together. Make sure it is not a mush, but still has some bite.
4. When the potatoes are ready, put them on a platter and add the rinsed black beans, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, spoonful’s of tomato salsa, coriander leaves and dollops of sour cream and serve with an extra slice of lime.