These Indian fritters with tomato raita are quick, vegan, gluten free and damn delicious!
Servings: 12-14 fritters
Diet: Vegan, Gluten free
Time: 30 minutes
• 1 large courgette
• 1 large or two medium sweet potato
• 2 spring onions
• 1,5 tsp. Kerry masala spice
• 125 gr. chickpea flour (or regular flour)
• 1 egg
• Bunch of coriander stalks
• 150 gr. of yoghurt
• 10 cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 spring onion
• Coriander leaves
1. Grate the courgette and sweet potato on a box grater (the part with the biggest holes).
2. Add the grated courgette and sweet potato, finely sliced spring onions, Kerry masala spice, flour, egg, finely chopped coriander stalks and a pinch of salt and pepper together.
3. Divide the mixture into 12-14 fritters.
4. Meanwhile make the raita by mixing the yoghurt, chopped tomatoes, finely sliced spring onion, chopped coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper together.
5. Heat a layer of sunflower oil in a frying pan and fry the fritters on a medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
6. Serve the fritters while warm with the tomato raita.