A great and healthy week night salad which is very easy to make. This recipe is perfect to make a big batch of and eat the leftovers for lunch the next day!
Diet: Vegetarian (vegan option when using vegan yoghurt), Gluten free
Time: 45 minutes
• 150 gr. beluga or du Puy lentils
• 2 tsp. of chopped capers
• Bunch of chopped mint
• Bunch of chopped dill
• 3 spring onions finely sliced
• 250 gr. cherry tomatoes
• Handful of pumpkin seeds
• 2 sweet pointed peppers
• 1 clove of garlic
• 150 gr. Greek yoghurt
• Tsp of sumac
• 1 tsp. of mustard
• 1 tsp. of honey
• Juice of half a lemon
• 2 tbsp. of olive oil
• Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 200C.
2. Rinse the lentils under cold water and cook in salted boiling water for about 20 minutes. Try and taste if they are cooked, then drain.
3. Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing the above ingredients together. Mix in with the lentils while they are still warm.
4. Slice two sweet pointed peppers in half, place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and drizzle over some olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and a finely chopped garlic clove and bake for about 10 minutes.
5. When the lentils are cooled a bit, add the capers, mint, dill, halved cherry tomatoes, spring onions and pumpkin seeds.
6. Mix the yoghurt with the sumac and a pinch of salt.
7. Serve the sweet pointed peppers topped with the lentil salad and a spoonful of the sumac yoghurt!