A quick and easy weeknight dinner which will become a family favourite! You can vary endlessly with all the different toppings, I mentioned a few below. You do need a food processor for this recipe!
Time: 25 minutes
• 65 gr. parmesan cheese, grated
• 75 gr. pistachio nuts, unshelled
• 1 clove of garlic
• 1 lemon
• Bunch of mint
• 500 gr. broccoli
• 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 300 gr. spaghetti
• Crispy pancetta
• Buffalo mozzarella or burrata
• (Baked) cherry tomatoes
• Peas, green asparagus or spinach
1. Dry roast the pistachio nuts in a frying pan for 2 minutes and let it cool.
2. Add the parmesan, 200 gr. of broccoli (roughly chopped), garlic, lemon zest and the juice of half a lemon, mint leaves, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped into a pesto, you still want some crunch so don’t blend until smooth.
3. Cook the pasta al dente, add the other 300 grams of broccoli florets the last 5 minutes of the pasta cooking time to the pan. Save a glass of the cooking liquid and strain the pasta and broccoli in a colander.
4. Add the pasta, broccoli and the pesto back to the pan with a splash of the cooking liquid and cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately with the optional toppings or simply with a good grating of parmesan.