This recipe is great all year round, but end of the Summer and beginning of Autumn when all the apples are ready to be harvested is my favourite time of the year to eat this easy, kind of healthy crumble. The perfect indulgent breakfast with a couple of spoons of coconut or Greek yoghurt on the side!
Diet: Vegan, Gluten free
Time: 70 minutes
• 4 Jonagold or Elstar apples (or another sweet-sour variety)
• 400 gr. of frozen berries (blackberry, raspberry, blueberry etc.)
• 1 tbsp of lemon juice
• 3 tbsp of crystal sugar
• 2 tsp of cinnamon
• 2 cardamom pods
• 130 gr of rolled oats
• 130 gr of oatmeal
• 3 heaped tbsp of buckwheat flour
• 120 gr of walnuts (or any other nuts)
• 75 ml of maple syrup
• 1 tsp of cinnamon
• Large pinch of sea salt
• 120 gr of hard coconut oil (no need to melt it)
1. Preheat the oven on 180C.
2. Peel and core the apples and chop in small bitesize pieces.
3. Bash the cardamom seeds with a pestle and a mortar. Mix the apple with the frozen berries,
cinnamon, lemon juice, sugar and cardamom seeds in a baking tray (20×30 cm). The
cardamom seeds are my secret ingredient which makes this crumble extra tasty!
4. Now prepare the crumble, mix in a bowl the oats, flour, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, maple
syrup, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt and mix by hand until you have a crumble mixture.
5. Divide the crumble mixture over the fruit and pop it in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Serve with some Greek yoghurt.